Lake Texhoma

Proverbs 17:1 "Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting with strife."

Sarah and I are really simple people...we are blessed and grateful for what we have...we know God provides and He gives us what we need...and often times much more. My prayer is to lead my family to Peace. To be content with what we have...and understand that God provides. I want my family to value God's goodness above all, friends and family, and each other. I want them to know Matthew 6:19-21, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy; and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do no break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be."

I want my family to understand that treasure comes in the form of relationship. The gift of love, friendship, and fellowship is by far better than anything you can buy at the store.

By now, you know I love spending time outside. It's peaceful, quiet, and beautiful. It also gives you the opportunity to spend quality time with people...no distractions...just investing yourself in others. I am hoping to instill these thoughts and values on my family... and it doesn't hurt that they already love being outside!
Lake Texhoma-Cross Timbers Trail
Who: Hannah Banana, Pia, Momma, and Daddy...and Oliver (our dog)
When: April 2-3, 2011
Mileage: 2 miles
 The overall goal for this trip was to relax...enjoy each other...and spend some time by the water.
I also take this time to teach the girls about animals, plants, how to skip rocks and of course bugs...
The weather was nice, it was breezy, and it was quiet...perfect recipe for this:
We just hung out and had good quality family time until the sun went down...
I do have an ulterior motive though...I plan on bringing my family along during big trips in the future. Alpine, mountaineering, and climbing trips all over the country...And when those days come, I will remember back to these trips...that I consider stepping stones towards those moments ahead. But during the meantime...I will also take these trips for what they are worth...Heavenly Treasure!

Comments

Popular Posts