Yosemite National Park and Lake Tahoe 2015

"A man doesn't own his marriage; he is only the steward of his wife's love."
"Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth." Proverbs 5:18
 
What: Eastern Sierra (Mammoth Lakes, Owen River Gorge), Yosemite National Park (Tuolumne Meadows) and Lake Tahoe
Why: 10 year anniversary
Who: Beauty and the Beast
When: June 12-20, 2015
 
I don't have a spiritual story for you all...however, I have ten things to share (no order) that I tend to forget...
 
1) Sarah has really pretty eyes. They are as blue as the Lake Tahoe shore and the California sky.
2) Sarah is naturally a mamma bear, wants to take care of people...we picked up a few PCT hitchhikers and she gave them our number. If they needed anything, they could call...she treated them to some Mammoth Lakes Brew. She is now an official "Trail Angel."
3) Keep your eyes open...Often times I am a big picture kind of guy. Eyes on the prize if you will...but beautiful things are all around. And often times, the most beautiful moments happen right before us...
4) All of my pursuits...regardless if they are family, career, or recreational...happen because of someone's sacrifice for me. My parents and family have been extremely supportive over the years...
5) At work, at home, my past and present...my people are my forest. Tall, strong, yet comfortable. They insulate and protect...and no matter the distance, we're still one. Our marriage grows, because of every one of you.

6) Don't be afraid. Go a little further, dig a little deeper, keep pressing forward. There's always more than meet's the eye...
7). I don't deserve Sarah. And she deserves better of me.

8. I love climbing. But climbing a rock is such a ridiculous, childish act. Absolutely no real life purpose in the act itself.

9.) But being childlike brings the best out in all of us...Watch children play. It's beautiful. I can be more childlike in spirit...
10) Psalm 18:2, "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Here's a video recap, please click the link:
 
Here are some of my favorite shots of the week:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Comments

Popular Posts