Year in Review

Another wonderful year with wonderful people seeing wonderful places. 2016 was definitely a year of growth. I have watched my girls get a bit older.
...a bit bolder...
more adventurous...
more loving and caring of their relationships...
My Sarah is still putting up with me...lovingly and selflessly. She continues to support me in my pursuits...albeit a mountain or chasing down a beer im looking for. She is supportive and allows me to dream and make those wishes a reality.
She continues to be the best Momma to our Girls.  She loves them, takes care of them, and supports them in every way. She is kind, sweet, and the best role model you can ask for.
2016 is the best I hope for, and the most I want of each year...I want daughters who grow and explore, a loving and supportive wife, and a Momma the girls can learn so much from. I ask for more of the same in the year to follow. I want the girls to be stretched out of comfort zones...to get stronger and braver...for my marriage to deepen...and to be a man that Sarah and the girls are proud of.
I look back on the year...and I am grateful for:
Friends...for Family....for my mom and dad...for neighbors...For NPN...for community...for wild places...good food...good beer...homebrew beer...mountains...trails...trees...camps...fires...ice...smores...coffee...sleeping bags...partners...rainstorms...rivers...creeks...wildlife...and more.
In 2017...I have some more goals. Hopefully they come to fruition. Some are loftier than others...more than anything else...I hope to continue to build a community of people who can rely and trust each other...hold each other accountable...love on one another...and learn from our many mistakes. I hope that we can be transparent with one another...and learn to work through good, bad, and ugly. I look forward to whats lies ahead.

Shots below are my favorite climbs, goals attained of 2016:
goal #1 For Whom Bells Toll in Arkansas in January
Goal #2 Supercrack of the Desert/Indian Creek, Utah
 Goal #3...Scarface in Indian Creek, Utah
Goal #4...Namaste in Zion National Park
Goal #5...Finally completing the 4 Pass loop on third attempt

In 2017...Im looking forward to taking friends Ice Climbing who have never been...climb on Devil's Tower...and hopefully climb the Grand Teton. Right now, I dont have a specific climb/project I have in 2017, but that might change if I find a climb I really want to send.

Looking forward to more adventures.


Comments

Popular Posts