Perfect Fall Weekend...well, except for Dilly Dilly.

"When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long." Psalm 32:3

"I will guard my ways, that I may not sin with my tongue; I will guard my mouth as with a muzzle, while the wicked are in my presence. I was dumb and silent, I refrained every good; and my sorrow grew worse."

"Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." 1 Pet 5:7
Staying quiet...bottling up emotion...not expressing our soul. Our bones waste away and we continue to groan. We guard our feelings and keep them to ourselves. We guard our mouths and keep it muzzled...the groans grow louder, the pain gets deeper. It feels dark...

The more we do this, the farther away we feel. We become isolated, unsure, and afraid.

God wants us to cast our feelings onto Him. And there are many ways of doing so. You can pray, you can listen, you can journal, you can sing! I am certain there are hundreds of ways to cast your burdens I have never considered.

But one surefire way to cast your burdens onto God is to communicate it to those who love you most. Your best friends in the world are no random relationships you happen to stumble upon. These people are perfectly positioned to take on the world with you.

Your emotions...doubts...anxieties...God knows what you are going through. I believe He wants you to trust Him in trusting the people he puts in your life. King David speaks about his sorrow growing worse...especially when he keeps silent.

I wholeheartedly believe that when we keep silent from each other...we too grow worse. We are not healthy and the best versions of ourselves when we are distant from one another. We all have our hurt...but God has woven us all together with purpose. Again, this fully intentional plan from a Father who loves us and knows us so well. It's like He knows what's best for us!

God's there. He is waiting for you to unload. He wants it all. He wants you to stop guarding and start uncovering your heart. Lay bare your emotions to Him. If you forget how to...start with the people who love you most. Get it out and express everything...

...besides, if we haven't bailed by now...right?
Mt. Royal
Route: Royal Flush 5.9 1500' 7-15 pitches, depending on how you do it. We did it in 7 roped pitches.
Topo I created...
Took us about 6 hours to climb the route...enjoyed a great, bluebird fall day. The Aspens were popping!
Meet Dilly and Dilly...you have to talk to one of us to get the WHOLE STORY...this blog site is not the place...
Climbed Mt. Evans...a 14er.
Took about 7 hours roundtrip to climb...
Evans is a 14,264'...was about 3100' elevation gain and 9.25 mils RT.
This is the greatest TH sign on the Earth...or maybe this is what the gates of Heaven look like...




Comments

Popular Posts