Wichitas and the Wives

Song of Songs 2:16 "My Lover is mine and I am his;..."

I love this book...not because of the sensual and rated R content, well...that is a big reason I love this book. But if you look closer...the two lovers who are identified as Lover (which is the dude) and Beloved (which is apparently a super hot chick) give us an example of what a hot and steamy relationship marriage can be. Which I dig...

...but even further, they reveal to us the dynamics of their relationship. Both of these lovers express joy within their relationship. Their intimacy is boundless...but the coolest thing about the both of them is how much they desire each other. It is evident, verse after verse how much they long for one another and how he can't wait to get off work and come home baby! Yeeeaaahh!

God gives us these desires...and I think many of us married folk forget that our marriages can reflect Song of Songs and or Romeo and Juliet...take your pick. Many of us have forgotten these desires and chalk it up to, "eh, we've been married for so long...blah, blah, blah." So? God can restore all things! Including a bland marriage. Pray for spices! Ask God to season and marinate your marriage...ask Him to prepare it in such a way that you begin to salivate like a dog! Ok...I need to stop before I start getting as graphic as Solomon!
Who: Sean and Jennifer Moore, Sarah (My Beloved) Pasquel and me (Your Lover)
When: March 18-20, 2011
What: Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge-The Elk Trail, The Narrows, and Quanah Creek
Mileage: 11.2 miles

We have been going to the Wichitas for Valentine's day the last two years with our friends the Moore's
(Jen and Sean)

but this year we had to postpone our Valentine's date/trip until this weekend due to reasons I will not mention...but nonetheless, we still made it out here. I love this place. I have been coming to the refuge for over 10 years to climb, scramble, rock hop, hike, camp, and hang out. It is one one my favorite places...it brings back so many good memories...
We arrived Friday night and due to arriving past 10pm...we camped at Lake Lawtonka. It was cool...and it was free.

The next morning, packed up our stuff and headed over to Camp Doris to secure a site. Once we did that, we drove over to the Dog Run Hollow Trailhead to get on Elk Head Trail. We got going quickly...
Our goal was to hike the entire 8 mile loop in addition to visiting the Narrows...The hike was rocky, but there was not much in elevation change. There were a couple of times we had to go up 20/30' or so...but never really any steep climbs.
Everybody was in good spirits...well, almost. Sean was battling allergies...so he wasn't having as much fun as usual, but he was the man and just kept going...
Sean's a great man...but don't let this picture fool you. He is not that bad ass...he just looks it in the picture. He's really a softy that would do anything for you. I consider him a great friend...and you know...he is bad ass. He reminds me of Joshua...just a warrior, relentless warrior for God!!!

The girls were awesome...they were having such a good time this weekend. They were both positive, energetic, and really fun to be around...they were great.
I enjoy Jen...I think she's even tougher than Sean. I know she is...she has to be. Married to that guy leaves you no choice...Jen is great to be around and I really look forward to being outdoors with her. She is strong, willing, and does not back away from a challenge. She's a momma of three kids (two of them babies) and married to a big kid...Any strenous hike is easier than most of her mornings..
My Sarah...she did great...I love being outdoors with her. She knows it doesn't get any better for me...When I get to be with my favorite person while doing my favorite things...I am in heaven. She is wonderfully supportive of my outdoor pursuits and often has to take one for Team Pasquel so I can go and play. But sometimes...she does get to come...and my trips are more fruitful for it.
On Saturday we finished the loop and hiked into the narrows...we continued to blaze the trail and were done hiking in about 5 hours. We went back to Doris and set up camp...we were all a little bit tired...but we knew what was coming next...
MEERS!!!! Meers Seismicburger, Meers Beer, and peach cobbler with homeade ice cream. Meers is awesome...and one of the best burger joints...ever! I love Sarah...she knows I love her...but after a long day of hiking in Wichitas, I would sell her for a Meers Beer. I saw this dude's shirt and chuckled...because at this moment, I felt the same way.
After eating way too much, like always...we went back and just hung out...Sarah and I enjoy the Moore's dearly...
The next morning, Sarah, Jen, and I hike through Quanah Creek and scrambled up the highest point in this little area. Sean stayed back (not feeling so well)...it was a total of 2.5 miles roundtrip from the car. This concluded are Valentine's...well, month late Valentine's date.

I just want to add...that Sarah is an awesome, encouraging, and supportive bride...I don't know too many women who would go sit in freezing temperatures to make their husbands happy. I thank you and will always make sure you get your cobbler! More importantly, my prayer is that we continue to desire each other...want each other...enjoy each other...long for one another...seek each other out...My prayer is that our marriage looks like the Song of Songs. I love you!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts