Our Girls and Our Father

1 Samuel 1:22 (Alf''s Paraphrase Version) "Hannah told her husband...after the boy is weaned, i will take him and present him before the Lord, and he will live there always." Hannah was a very wise momma...she dedicated Samuel to God. She understood that her child did not belong to her, but that the child belonged to God...her job was to wean the child.

Sarah and I have two beautiful daughters...
Our oldest Hannah Banana...pictured above...
And this is our little Pia...

God teaches me a very important lesson in these scriptures...that my wonderful girls are His...and it's Sarah and I who have been blessed with the opportunity to take them and present them before the Lord, so they can live with Him there...ALWAYS! But...and this is a big but, we need to wean them or prepare them before we can present them.

I think it is so stinking cool that God has rewarded (psalm 127:3) and entrusted Sarah and I to make sure we follow through with Proverbs 22:6-"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

So, Banana and Pia...it's Momma and Daddy's job to prepare you for presentation to God, by training you in the way you should go! And that way points to Christ!!!!
My promise is to make sure we do our best to give you two back to God...because both of you belong to Him!

Comments

Popular Posts